Illustrator . Concept Artist . Designer
Multifaceted professional with wide range of artistic skills and excellent understanding of artistic fundamentals. Known for positive attitude, contributions to brainstorming, and strong work ethic.
Digital Drawing and Painting | Adobe Photoshop | Visual Development | Environments | Illustration
Finished Production Work | In-Game Assets | UI Design | Traditional Media | Paper Crafts
JAM CITY (Former SGN) - San Francisco, California | Senior 2D Artist, 2016 to Present
- Helped establish style for Snoopy Pop.
- Weekly participating in meetings with Peanuts Creative team to share progress and receive feedback to maintain IP standards.
- Maintaining the game by creating Peanuts characters, maps, backgrounds, icons, and obstacle pieces.
- Assisting other teams, Juice Jam, with voice over recordings for their latest feature, Town Square.
- Occasionally assisted in revision notes for outsourcing
SGN (Social Game Network) - San Francisco, California | 2D Artist, 2014 to 2016
I joined the team early on and contributed in designing content for match 3 game, Juice Jam.
- Created concepts to finalized in-game assets including characters, environment backgrounds, maps, pop-up illustrations, and icons.
- Participated in creating content for game pitches.
- Created templates for the team to achieve consistency for our assets.
ANIMAL - San Jose, California | Freelance Artist, 2014
Designed and created 2D props for a Disney Haunted Mansion commercial. Worked closely with the Art Director and his team, and quickly adapted to a specific style.
- Given free range to develop 15 props, and was able to produced over 30 for them to choose from, all created on time.
- Communicated well via emails and on the phone because the company is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Made sure assignments were clear and that designs were approved by the Art Director.
- Developed props from rough stages to finals that will be scene in the commercial.
DISNEY INTERACTIVE – Palo Alto, and San Francisco, California | Artist, 2012-2014
Palo Alto team (2013-2014): Contributed on two projects, including Disney Solitaire and Disney Hidden Worlds, leveraging wide range of skills to produce in-game assets, concepts, user interface designs, and production work. Provided high-quality deliverables consistently, adhering strictly to Disney’s IP standards.
- Took on added responsibility for UI design, reducing costs by eliminating need to contract out the work.
- Contributed to in-game production work and handled UI designs for Disney Solitaire.
- Designed in-game assets and created concept sketches, color roughs, and final renders of environments for Disney Hidden Worlds.
San Francisco team (2012-2013): Served on concept art team, collaborating closely with Disney Imagineering and Pixar to uphold IP standards.
- Created critical design asset for Disney Dream Kingdom, with added challenge of satisfying vision of game’s sponsor, Chevrolet; managed the concept and design from start to finish.
- Produced concept art designs of attractions, restaurants, and shops for Disney Dream Kingdom.
- Simplified elaborate designs to save costs in 3D rendering.
ZYNGA – San Francisco, California | Intern/Art Associate, 2011-2012
Created, designed, and animated game assets for Farmville. Collaborated with team to produce unique in-game assets.
Amassed hands-on experience in game pipeline and production.
- Developed in-game assets/buildables of various size and complexity for the Farmville game.
- Participated in creating asset that enabled players to make donations to World Food Programme.
- Sought out opportunities to streamline design work, including reusing elements from finished assets in new pieces.
- Became adept at using Flash and began fielding Flash animation assignments in order to keep work in-house.
San Francisco State Field Campus | Pastel Color & Light in Nature, 2014 | Studied under Bill Cone
Animation Collaborative – Emeryville, California | Intro to Color and Light in Film, 2014 | Studied under Paul Abidilla
CG Master Academy – Online | Environment Sketching for Production, 2013 | Studied under Armand Serrano
San Jose State University – San Jose, California | Graduate Coursework, Animation/Illustration, 2007-2011
University of Hartford – West Hartford, Connecticut | B.F.A., Illustration, 2006 (Summa Cum Laude)
Study abroad program for Animation, Camberwell College of Arts – London, England (2006)
Tuscany Workshop, studying under Jeremiah Patterson and Fred Wessel – Florence, Italy (2004)
2018: Flight of the Spirits: Artists Inspired by Hayao Miyazaki Charity Gallery Show; San Jose Japantown, Cukui
2016: Creative Talent Network Expo (CTNX); Burbank California
2014: Nintendo Charity Auction; 2013: Alternative Press Expo; (Re)present, gallery show; Short & Sweet, self-published
2011-2013: Beasts & Beats, Art & Music Show
2008: Artwork featured in University of Hartford Magazine
2007: It Begins Here," Solo Show
Society of Illustrators • Shrunken Head Man, SJSU’s animation and illustration club • Women in Animation, SF • CTN